When we adopted Kaylee, her birth mother and birth father were involved in the process. Both of her parents signed the TPR papers when she was 48 hours old. We left the hospital knowing she was ours and there was nothing or no one who could change it. Even though we had to wait four months to go to court for everything to be official, we knew we were a family of three.
The process has been different this time. Isaac's birth father was not a part of his adoption plan. This time the phrase TPR held that gut wrenching feeling for us. We were confidant his birth father would not contest the adoption.... but there is always that fear. I am happy to say the time frame has passed and the paternal termination of parental rights has taken place according to our state law! We have crossed that hurdle and can happily say we are a family of four! :)
We have received our court date. On March 8th, Isaac will completely, officially and forever be our son!!! We are so blessed. I continue to be amazed by the sweet children the Lord has placed into my care. I pray I can be the parent these children need me to be. I also pray they may grow up knowing how much they are loved, not only by us, but our extended family, their birth families, our church family, and their Father in Heaven.
Congratulations on the new addition to your family!
ReplyDeleteICLW #26
What a wonderful feeling for your family to be complete now.
ReplyDeleteI appreciate your words from your previous post about praying for the Birth Mom (and not even knowing her yet). We are just starting the process and I find myself praying for her somewhere out there....
As a fellow adoptive parent, I know the joys, fears, and anxieties of adoption. I'm so very happy for you!
ReplyDeleteTPR was so very different for each of our boys. Will keep you in my thoughts, especially on 3/8!
ReplyDeleteICLW #6
Your strength and wisdom is amazing....I miss seeing you whenever I want, lol, but am SO glad that I get to see your new addition every once in a while. I am so happy for you!!! So, so, so much love!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to hear how today goes! Sending joyful thoughts!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the thought! They worked!!! Everything went very well and we are now a happy family of four!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your new addition! We too, have no birthfather involvement and had what ultimately became a 90 day waiting period because of a mix up. It was an odd place to be, parenting a newborn and falling iin love every day, but knowing that there was still some risk. Low risk, but still there.
ReplyDeleteICLW